In Hebrew, B-midbar means in the wilderness, which is the real name of this book. The Greek translators called it Arithmoi, and in Latin it was Numeri, because the translators focused on the two census takings at the beginning and the end of the wanderings. But it’s basically the wilderness wanderings.
Numbers is really a book about arrested progress. In a sense, it never should have happened. It took only 40 hours to get Israel out of Egypt – the Passover. But it took 40 years to get Egypt out of Israel.
This collection of 8 individual audio CD’s contains more than 8 hours of Verse-by-Verse commentary on the book of Numbers coupled with extensive study notes. Plus, as an added bonus, this package also includes the fully automated MP3 CD-ROM for a total of 9 CD’s!
- Numbers Session 1– Introduction, Chapters 1-2
- Numbers Session 2– The Duties of the Levites, Ch. 3-4
- Numbers Session 3– Preparations of the Camp, Ch. 5-10
- Numbers Session 4– Journey to Kadesh Barnea, Ch. 10-14
- Numbers Session 5– The Journey to the Plains of Moab, Ch. 15-20
- Numbers Session 6– Engaging the Canaanites, Ch. 21-25
- Numbers Session 7– Preparing to Enter the Land, Ch. 26-31
- Numbers Session 8– The Land of Promise, Ch. 32-36